Scroll through your phone and have your child choose a picture. Then follow these tips from the Ivymount Speech Department to promote language and conversation skills.
Ask “wh” questions such as:
- Where are you?
- What are you doing?
- Who are you with?
Ask open-ended questions such as:
- Tell me about ____________ (place in community, people in the picture).
Ask preference-based questions such as:
- Do you like ___________ or _______________
- What is your favorite _____________________?
Comment on activities in the pictures:
- You are riding a bike in this picture.
- That dessert looks delicious!