LAS VEGAS – The Las Vegas Strip is long and impressive, and so is the list of speakers and panelists who will take the stage when the National Conference of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS) convenes its Winter Meeting at Resorts World Las Vegas, December 8-11.
Bill Miller, the president and CEO of the American Gaming Association, will give the morning keynote address on Friday, December 9.
Paul Steelman, architect and CEO of Steelman Partners, will be the featured speaker at the luncheon that same day.
Registration is open to the public; click nclgs.org to view the agenda and registration and hotel options.
The four-day Winter Meeting also will include six NCLGS Committee presentations, two general session panels, International Masters of Gaming Law Masterclasses, a 2023 igaming legislative preview, two evening networking receptions, and off-site tours.
The list of speakers and panelist includes:
- Jason Barrett, Delegate, West Virginia
- Dave Basler, Executive Director of the Ohio Horsemen Benevolent and Protective Association (HBPA) and Committee Chair for the National HBPA Model Rules and Medication Committee
- Karla Bigham, Senator, Minnesota; NCLGS Secretary
- Karen Bennett, Representative, Georgia
- Gretchen Corbin, Chief Executive Officer, Georgia Lottery
- Danny DiRienzo, Senior Director, Government Relations, GeoComply; former US Secret Service
- Greg Brower, Chief Global Compliance Officer, Wynn Resorts; former U.S. Attorney for the District of Nevada
- Josh Chin, Managing Partner Net Force, Cyber Task Force Security Industry Association
- Jennifer Carleton, Chief Legal Officer, Sightline
- Alan Feldman, Distinguished Fellow in Responsible Gaming, UNLV International Gaming Institute
- Shawn Fluharty, Delegate, West Virginia; NCLGS Vice President
- Brad Fischer, Senior Associate, Orrick
- Mike Finn, Representative, Massachusetts
- Jon Ford, Senator, Indiana; NCLGS President
- Steve Geller, former Florida Senator; General Counsel NCLGS
- Rebecca George, Executive Director, Washington Indian Gaming Association
- Greg Giordano, Partner, McDonald Carano; former Deputy Nevada Attorney General
- Howard Glaser, Global Head of Government Affairs and Legislative Counsel, Light & Wonder
- Fredric Gushin, Managing Director, Spectrum Gaming Group; former Assistant. Attorney General, New Jersey
- Becky Harris, Distinguished Fellow in Gaming and Leadership, UNLV International Gaming Institute
- Dan Hartman, Director, Colorado Division of Gaming
- Chris Hebert, Director of Gaming Division, Louisiana Attorney General’s Office
- Kevin Jones, Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Legal Officer, Genting Americas Inc.
- Shelley Kloba, Representative, Washington
- Katie Lever, Board Member and Audit Committee Chair, Bank of George; Adjunct Professor, UNLV Boyd School of Law
- Daniel Little, Chief Intergovernmental Affairs Officer, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
- Timothy Lowry, Partner, Chair of National Gaming Team, DLA Piper
- Joe Lucas, Chairman, Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission
- Ed Martin, President and CEO, Association of Racing Commissioners International
- Sheila Morago, Executive Director, Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association
- Jeff Morris, Vice President, Public Affairs and Government Relations, Penn National Entertainment
- Michael K. Morton, Senior Policy Counsel, Administration Division, Nevada Gaming Control Board
- David Muradian, Representative, Massachusetts
- Victor Newsom, SVP Product Management, Payments Solutions, Everi
- Keith Pickard, Senator, Nevada; Past President NCLGS
- Blake Rampmaier, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Boyd Gaming
- Stacey Rowland, General Counsel, Genting Americas
- Lauralyn Sandoval, Vice President of New Markets, Aristocrat
- Dr. Jennifer Shatley, DPP, Responsible Gaming Consultant, UNLV International Gaming Institute
- Valerie Spicer, Founding Partner, Trilogy Group; Chief Gaming Officer, Vetnos
- Matt Strawn, CEO, Iowa Lottery Authority
- June Taylor, Chair, Ohio Casino Control Commission
- Sarah Taylor, Executive Director, Hoosier (Indiana) Lottery
- Louis Trombetta, Executive Director, Florida Gaming Control Commission
- Marlene Warner, Chief Executive Officer, Massachusetts Council on Gaming and Health
- Al Williams, Representative, Georgia, NCLGS Treasurer
- Mike Zalewski, Representative, Illinois
As the only gaming conference that focuses on legislative decision-makers, the NCLGS Winter Meeting will attract dozens of lawmakers from across the country among the more than 300 expected attendees. Other attendees will include regulators, operators, suppliers, attorneys, lobbyists, media and other stakeholders to discuss all aspects of regulated gambling.
The Sports Betting Regulators Association, a project of the Association of Racing Commissioners International, will once again co-locate with NCLGS, meeting on December 8.
For sponsorship information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Legislators and others seeking NCLGS membership information should contact Wayne Marlin at email@example.com.
About NCLGS: The only organization of state lawmakers that meets on a regular basis to discuss issues relating to gaming. Members of NCLGS serve as chairpersons or members of state legislative committees responsible for the regulation of gaming in their state legislative houses. NCLGS does not promote or oppose gaming but is primarily concerned with the regulation and economic and social impacts of the industry. The NCLGS Foundation is the educational and research arm of NCLGS. The 501(c)(3) non-profit is a source of non-partisan data on issues of gaming legislation and regulation.
NCLGS meetings are proudly produced and organized by Spectrum Gaming Group, which serves as NCLGS Executive Director.