The goal of this course is to provide general training and build capacity for prescribers regarding the opioid epidemic, signs of overdoses, naloxone, and harm reduction.
The Revive. Survive. OverDose Prevention program works within the Prevention Department at Odyssey House LA. Their goal is to address and alleviate the impact the opioid epidemic has on the New Orleans community. Valuable examples will be provided on what steps Louisiana has taken to address the epidemic.
The Revive. Survive. OverDose Prevention curriculum is designed to provide general guidance and training to prescribers, pharmacists, clients, and community members on the overview of the opioid epidemic, naloxone administration and access, and tools to address the needs of individuals suffering with addiction.
- Understand what is Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and the severity of the opioid epidemic
- Recognize the signs of an overdose and how to administer Naloxone
- Describe the laws and regulations that protect you as a pharmacist when prescribing Naloxone and as a bystander when administering Naloxone
- Understand your biases on addiction and how stigmatizing language may affect individuals from receiving proper care
- Recognize examples of harm reduction methods based on harm reduction principles and how it relates to the stages of change
For more information about