Certified Peer Specialist-Parent (CPS-P)
Deadline for Applications is
August 1, 2022
The Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD), Office of Children, Young Adults & Families, and the Office of Recovery Transformation, along with Georgia Parent Support Network are pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for the Parent CPS-P training scheduled for August 11, 12, 18, 19, and 26, 2022 from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with breaks provided. This training will be a 5-day training and will require a full commitment. This training will be offered virtually on Zoom.
If you are interested in applying for this training, please submit your application and letter of reference to email@example.com by Monday, August 1, 2022 at 5pm so that we can extend the offer to others who may be interested if you are unable to commit to these dates.
Parent Certified Peer Specialist (CPS-P) – Is the parent or legal guardian (in a permanent relationship for at least 3 years) of a child who is living with a mental health, substance use, or a co-occurring diagnosis who provides support to other parents who are raising a child with similar behavioral health conditions.
Candidates must be the parent or legal guardian of a child living with mental illness, substance use and/or co-occurring diagnosis; and must
1. Be currently employed doing Parent Peer Support; or
2. Be currently employed in the public sector Behavioral Health system as a paraprofessional and have the desire to distinguish themselves as a Parent CPS-P; or
3. Have related experience serving youth and families through participation in community volunteering, support groups, family organizations and/or advocacy.
4. Priority will be given to those who are currently providing peer support services and those who intend to work in that role.
5. Be able to commit to a 5-day training.
Please find the application along with eligibility requirements outlined in the announcement below. Applications along with documentation must be submitted by Monday, August 1, 2022. If you have any questions, contact Anita Speed at firstname.lastname@example.org.