Important Info for Bussing Families
We now have stop times, and we are READY TO ROLL!
Please take a final review of the
2017-18 Bussing Handbook
before next week to make sure you know where your bus stop is, and what time to expect student pick up and drop off.
A few important reminders:
1. Make sure you have completed ALL three steps below to complete your bussing registration:
2. Any students in Grades K-4 should pick up a color-coded bus tag at Open House. Please clip these tags onto your student's backpack or outerwear each day to indicate to staff which route (Red-South, Yellow-Central, or Blue-North) your child is on. K-4 bus riders who do not attend Open House will get a tag from their teacher on the first day of school.
3. Please remember to arrive to your bus stop
5 minutes ahead of schedule for both AM pick up and PM drop off. If you are waiting for
more than 10 minutes
past the scheduled AM pick up or PM drop off, contact JME directly at
for information on when the bus should arrive.
4. Tell students who will be picking them up from the bus stop each day, and remind them to
inform the driver and
stay on/return to the bus if no adult is at the stop to pick them up. If no adult is at the PM stop when the bus arrives, the driver will return the student(s) to the School after completing the route.
5. Our busses are getting full! We have a record number of bus riders signed up this year! Currently, we don't expect to have more students riding than the busses are capable of safely carrying; however, we will be closely watching bus ridership in the first few weeks of school to determine if larger busses and/or additional busses are needed. As we do plan on pretty full busses, please remind students to share seats and keep backpacks and other belongings out of the aisles.