Kentucky Renter Help Portal from KEJC
Persons facing eviction can use the tool to:
- Get connected to their local legal aid organization for more help;
- Get the contact information for their local court clerk;
- Get more information about eviction and helpful links; and
- Generate a document to demand a jury trial (those won't begin until October 1, at least) and other documents to help renters work with their landlord to avoid eviction and contest the eviction in court if they don't have legal assistance.
Attorneys can use the tool to:
- Sign up to help people facing eviction, or
- Generate an Answer and Jury Demand, spot issues, and create letter and pleading templates if they have clients already facing eviction.
The Kentucky Renter Help Portal also provides resources for Kentuckians who want to help people facing eviction during a global pandemic and economic crisis.