Frequently Asked Questions?
REMINDERS for the August 9, 2022 Election:
Per a recent appeals court decision, absentee ballots may not be returned via the Village Hall vestibule drop box.
- Per a recent circuit court decision, voters may only drop off or mail their own absentee ballot. Voters may not return absentee ballots of other voters.
How do I register to vote for the August 9, 2022 election?
- Registration can be done at Village Hall during regular business hours until August 5, 2022. You may also register on election day. Proof of residency is required.
- There is no voter registration on the Monday prior to the election.
- Note: You must have resided at the address you provide on your Registration Form for at least 28 consecutive days prior to an election in order to vote in Whitefish Bay.
How do I request an absentee ballot?
- Absentee ballots can be requested in one of the following ways:
- Online at: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
- Send a request via email to email@example.com
- Submit an Absentee Ballot Application by mail. Application is available online at: https://www.wfbvillage.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1338/
- Absentee ballot applications may only be submitted in-person during in-person absentee voting hours (per state code)
- Voters who have not previously submitted a copy of their photo ID to vote by mail will need to include a copy of their ID with their request. If you are not sure whether you need to do so, please include a copy to avoid any delay in processing.
- The deadline to request a ballot by mail is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 4, 2022. However, please request ASAP to ensure timely delivery.
How do I complete my ballot?
- The August 9, 2022 Election is a partisan primary. When completing your ballot choose one political party in which you will vote, and vote for individual candidates within that party. Keep in mind that voting in more than one political party may void your voting choices.
How do I return my ballot?
- Absentee ballots may be returned via USPS or at the Village Hall front desk during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Absentee ballots MUST be received by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- After 4:30 p.m. on Election Day absentee ballots should be brought directly to your polling place.
When is in-person absentee voting?
- In-person absentee voting will occur on weekdays from Tuesday, July 26, 2022, to Friday, August 5, 2022, during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 5, 2022).
- The Village will be utilizing Express Vote machines during in-person absentee voting.
- No appointment necessary; please bring a photo ID.
- There is no absentee voting on the Monday prior to the election.
When are polls open on Election Day?