At the August Board of Directors meeting, the Board received a presentation from Emergency Manager Gregg Ramirez regarding National Preparedness Month for September, the fire district’s addendum to the Clackamas County Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan, and an update on our Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program.
The Board approved and fully supported the following business items:
- New firefighting helmets for all career/volunteer suppression personnel
- Two new SCBA air compressors to include upgrading two others
- Proclamation designating September as National Preparedness Month with the theme, “Stand Down for Disaster Preparedness”
- Surplus of the facilities’ office modular (located behind the Training Division’s offices)
- Discussed a new annual evaluation process for the fire chief
- Discussed and approved Chief Charlton’s retirement of December 31, 2020 with a transition period not to extend past June 30, 2021. Chief Charlton began as your fire chief on July 1, 2012 and entered into a nine year contract ending on June 30, 2021. More to follow as the fire district continues to focus on formalized succession planning, professional development, and career enrichment opportunities.
The next board meeting will be Monday, September 16, 2019 at
6:00 p.m. at Mt. Scott Fire Station 5, 9339 SE Causey Avenue, Happy Valley.