|Avoid Possible ERISA Litigation
Over the past several years, there has been an explosion of ERISA litigation - suits brought against employers by their employees who are concerned about the overall record keeping, investment fees and investment options associated with their plans.
Things to consider when evaluating an auditor
for your employee benefit plan:
- The number and type of employee benefit audit engagements.
- Firm references from similar type plans with specific contact information.
- Is the firm a member of the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan
Audit Quality Center?
- Whether the firm is subject or has been the subject of any DOL findings.
- Is the firm independent?
- Whether the firm has the proper insurance coverage.
For additional information on this subject and helpful tools such as, Selecting an Auditor for Your Employee Benefit Plan - visit The Department of Labor's (DOL) Web site.
Please contact Buckno Lisicky & Company
if you have any questions or would like to
schedule a FREE CONSULTATION.