The Big Brother's Big Sister's National Conference took place June 26th through June 29th in Anaheim, CA. Majority of the staff were able to go, and we were accompanied by parents, Littles, and Bigs from our program. We had the opportunity to network with other BBBS agencies across the country and attend trainings/informational sessions on how to better serve our children, youth, families, volunteers, and ultimately community. Some of the sessions that our staff attended were:
- Developing a College and Career Success Program for Students Over 18
- Peer Coaching: Agencies Helping Each Other to Support LGBTQ+ Youth
- Building a Voice of the Volunteer/Voice of the Donor Program
Supporting Mental Health Through Mentoring
- Leveraging Corporate Partnerships to Empower Families
- Amplify your Resource Development with Matchforce (Where our very own CEO, Connie Askin, presented).
Some of the other sessions involved how to effectively partner with other youth serving agencies, improving team culture, burnout recovery, brand campaigning, engaging with our wait list, and so much more!
The guest speakers were phenomenal! It was also wonderful to hear Littles from BBBS programs around the United States present, and talk about their experiences and the power of mentorship. Our team left feeling educated, energized, and ready to pave the path for a bold, bright future!