Dear Hotel Community,
As we begin looking at the first steps required for our industry to recover, we are working hard to ensure the needs of the hotel community are understood.
Some key areas of focus this week are outlined below:
- Updating Health and Safety Protocols: In conjunction with go2HR, TIABC and the Provincial Government, we are working on developing the protocols and best practices for our sector to prepare for reopening. These protocols will help pave the way for our first steps in recovery. They will be scalable, operationally workable and will be focused on the health and safety of your employees, your owners, and your guests.
- Provincial Collaboration: The Canadian provincial hotel associations are collaborating on best practices frameworks, relief measures, needs of industry, and are working closely with the Hotel Association of Canada to ensure we stay solvent.
- Understanding Impact to Industry Still Critical: We are working with the RDMO Secretariat daily to quantify and monitor the Covid-19 impact on our industry. BCHA has signed a partnership agreement with Smith Travel Research and will be quantifying the impact as well as providing education webinars over the next months to educate our industry in recovery strategies based on global crisis recovery examples.
- Cross Sector Support: BCHA is actively participating in the BC Business Council & Cabinet to ensure the voice and needs of our industry are understood and supported provincially.
- Representing Hotels Where it Matters: We are Co-Chair of the Metro Vancouver Response and Recovery Task Force which includes two sub committees, Government Relations and Impact Assessment.
- Joint National Effort: Hotel Association of Canada meets with the federal government weekly which ensures alignment with federal & provincial advocacy efforts
On behalf of the BCHA, I would like to thank our hotel community stepping up to house first responders, the essential services, seasonal workers, isolation needs and the most vulnerable. I would also like to acknowledge communities around the province experiencing flooding during this already difficult time. Our hearts go out to you and we hope you stay safe.
Wishing you all the best.
President & CEO
BC Hotel Association