We have adjusted our operations to respond to the COVID-19 crisis as the need evolves. Our staff is working tirelessly around the clock. A small team of volunteers keep the consolidated shelter running. Other volunteers are helping with delivery of food and supplies.
- 75 of the most at-risk people are in temporary housing at area motels, where they are sheltering in place.
- Another 30 are quarantined at our consolidated shelter. In partnership with Pillars Community Health, we are screening clients for COVID19 symptoms and testing and now can accept a limited number of newly homeless clients on a case-by-case basis.
- 100 residents of our supportive housing units are sheltering in place.
- Over 4,000 meals are needed each week, along with basic supplies, prescriptions and help getting to medical appointments.
- Our regular work continues despite the crisis: 4 clients moved from shelter to housing last week, and another 3 will be moving next week.
- Costs to continue the efforts that are protecting our communities and our homeless are now estimated at $250,000 through the end of May.
Your support is making a difference.
Thanks to generous donations, we have raised $115,000 to date. As our private and public funding partners step in, this gap will narrow - but it will not close without your help. Please consider:
- making a suggested donation of $25 - the value of one hour of a volunteer's time - or more. Make your donation here.
- donating easy-to-prepare, packaged meals that can be heated in the microwave. Order them to be delivered to 9601 Ogden Avenue, La Grange, IL, 60525 or drop them off in the donation bin outside our door.
- emailing email@example.com to learn about other needed items and ways to give.
- forwarding this email to your family and friends.
The BEDS Plus spirit is alive and well.
We are grateful and humbled by all you are doing to help the most vulnerable people in our communities.