Are you a renter or landlord in suburban Cook County? Has COVID-19 made it difficult for you or your tenants to pay rent and utilities?
The Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance program pays up to 18 months of total assistance. Payments will be made directly to your landlord and utility company. Applications open October 4th. Apply at cookcountyil.gov/rent-help.
Get prepared to apply
- Check your eligibility and make sure your household qualifies
- Download the application checklist and gather your documents
- Set a reminder to apply on October 4th when applications open
If you need help applying for assistance and gathering your documents, contact BEDS at 708-354-0858 or the Cook County Emergency Rental Assistance helpline at 877-426-6515.
During Round 1 of the ERA program, BEDS helped 25 households receive assistance.
- $210,882.38 of assistance was received in total
- The range was $3,597.14 to $15,104.81
- The average assistance per household was $8,435.30