Insha’Allah, we will soon be blessed to witness the holy month of Ramadan.
We ask Allah SWT to grant us His tawfeeq to seize this golden opportunity to boost our ibadat and self-purification.
Allah SWT says: "And thus we have made you a just community that you will be witnesses over the people” 2:143
The responsibility of being witnesses over the people is what is a major task here.
The fact that the believer stands to gain so much from this season, makes the preparation for this ever more important.
Here are some important actions toward cultivating great rewards and achieving self purification in Ramadan:
- Intention & Determination – Intention creates determination; which in turn produces the passion and desire to achieve the goal of taqwa.
- Relationship with Quran – Make special arrangements during this month for recitation, listening, understanding and reflecting on the verses of Quran
- Commit to Ta’ah (obedience) to Allah SWT and stay away from sins. Make a special effort to guard your tongue during this month. Make a habit every night to assess your day before going to sleep. Make immediate Istighfar and tawbah (repentance) if you have committed a sin during your day.
- Seek Opportunities for Good Deeds. During Ramadan the reward for every good deed (Nawafil) rises to the level of the reward of obligatory acts (Faraidh). We should seek all such opportunities in worship and relationships
- Qiyam Al-layl – To stand the night in prayer and recite from the Quran is one of the most effective methods of attaining (Taqwa).
- Thikr and dua’a (Remembrance of Allah swt) – Remembrance of Allah is important throughout our lives, but is even more important during the month of Ramadan.
- Observe Laylatul Qadr (The Night of power)– In this night Quran was revealed. Seize this unique opportunity to win great hasanat & rewards
- Spend for the Sake and Pleasure of Allah (Charity) – Charity is considered the second most important act of worship after prayers. Give for the sake of Allah without any fear of poverty. Give to your relatives, the orphans and poor to the best of your ability.
May Allah SWT accept our Seyam and Qiyam.