Bald Head Association (BHA) has a long-standing tradition of publishing communications based on facts and credible information. There have been recent communications from others on BHI with incorrect information about BHA’s upcoming election for its Board of Directors. BHA would like to correct all misinformation so that property owners may vote their preferences based on facts, not innuendo.
A "Special Announcement" email sent out by Claude Pope on Monday, January 10, 2022, provided information about BHA’s election that undermined the integrity of the nominating process and the Board’s role in it. BHA would like to clarify that the Board of Directors has no role in the selection process other than to vote the proxies delivered to BHA in advance of the Annual Meeting.
1. Quote from the email: “It’s a nuanced and time-consuming process, but two such candidates have successfully navigated these rules, and for the first time in many years, we will have a ‘contested election’ for the open board seats.”
Already Voted But Changed Your Mind?
Where Is My Voter Registration Code?
Your unique voter registration ID number is on the back cover of your 2021 Annual Report that was mailed in late December. If you need help with your registration ID number, contact Diane Mesaris at 910-457-4676, ext. 21 or Diane@BaldHeadAssociation.com
One Web Page With All Voting Information
To read about the 2022 BHA Board of Directors candidates, an explanation of items on the proxy, online voting FAQs (including special instructions for owners who own multiple properties under different names), the voting website link and more, click HERE
to visit the web page.
Where Has BHA Published Details About Board Openings and the Process to Join?
To be clear, here is a complete list of BHA's communications published in 2021, covering the Nominating Committee's calls for resumes to fill the open Board seat vacated by Nana Smith in January 2021 and to fill the two open Board seats for 2022, as well as the full process of joining the BHA Board of Directors:
Island Report articles (for all archived Island Reports, click HERE)
- March 2021: The process of joining the BHA Board of Directors and volunteer to be a member of the Nominating Committee (page 8)
- April 2021: The process of joining the BHA Board of Directors (page 1)
- May 2021: BHA seeking volunteers for Nominating Committee and BHA Board Candidates (page 5)
- June 2021: BHA’s 2021 priorities update — Nominating Committee Chair discussed need to add members to the committee/contact information for those interested (page 1)
- November 2021: The process of joining the BHA Board of Directors (page 1)
BHA’s Compass email bulletins (for all archived Compass bulletins, click HERE)
- January 23, 2021: Calling for volunteers, including to serve on the BHA Board
- January 30, 2021: BHA Board vacancy — call for resumes emailed to Nominating Committee Chair
- February 15, 2021: Calling for volunteers, including to serve on the BHA Board
- March 12, 2021: Call for Nominating Committee members to email Nominating Committee Chair
- March 31, 2021: Call for Nominating Committee members to email Nominating Committee Chair
- July 19, 2021: Call for Nominating Committee members to email Nominating Committee Chair and the process of joining the BHA Board of Directors
- July 29, 2021: Join the BHA Board of Directors — call for resumes to be emailed to Nominating Committee Chair