Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As salaamu'alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu
Alhamdulilaah, you are likely aware that the Province of Ontario has ruled that "
Places of Worship
" have been granted the opportunity to enter a "
" re-opening strategy. We are grateful to the Hon. Premier Doug Ford and the MPP's for their decision on this very important first step.
To start off, the basic ruling is to allow 30% of the current occupacy limit. But it is not a straight calculation to arrive at the actual number. An important factor that influences the final calculation is the "social distancing rule" of 2m apart. Applying this rule makes the final result smaller.
Mosque Re-Opening Strategy
There are a set of "
" and "
" that have to be in place and must be fully adhered to. There are no short cuts and we have been put on notice that inspectors will be visiting the Mosques and "fines" will be laid for non-compliance.
Please keep in mind that we are still in a "lockdown" state and the assessment is still a "Pandemic"
Mosque Capacity Based on the Province "Phased" Strategy
target is 250 congregants
and is based on a "
first come, first serve
Before heading out to the Mosque on Friday, June 12th, 2020, you must review the "
rules and guidleines
" procedures to first determine if you are eligible to attend the Jumuaah prayers. You will then be required to complete a registration, which is mandatory. The registration form can be filled out "online", but you also have the option of printing the enclsoed registration, filling it out and bringing it with you.
Rules and Guidelines
- You must be between the ages of 14 to 70.
- You must wear a "mask" before approaching the Mosque and keep the "mask" until you leave the Mosque.
- You must perform "wudu" at home.
- You must bring a "plastic" bag to keep your shoes in.
- Do not bring a prayer rug. You will be provided with something for your sujood.
- A registration form must be completed to attend the Jumuaah Prayer. Click on the following links for "online" or to download and complete the form. ** Please note that a registration form MUST be Completed for each Jumuaah that you will be attending **
- The doors will open at the Mosque at 12:15pm on Fridays to start accepting the congregants on a "first come, first serve".
- Washroom facilities will be closed.
- Water stations will closed.
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced.
- You will be provided with hand sanitizers on entering and exiting the Mosque.
- You must follow the instructions of the volunteers.
- The Jumuaah service will commence at 1:30pm and conclude at 2:00pm.
- There will be no praying of "sunnahs" at the Mosque and we ask that you complete your "sunnah" prayers on return to your residence.
- The Jumuaah Khutbah will be "Live Streamed" on Youtube. See the link at the bottom for "Youtube Live Streaming".
- It is incumbent on each person to look at the weather condition for the day. There are no provisions available at the Mosque and we cannot provide such provisions due to the "social distancing" rules, therefore, if the weather is suspect, please consider staying home. See "Ruling on Praying Zuhr at home during a Pandemic" at the bottom of this message.
Completing the Registration Process
- A registration form must be completed for each person attending the Mosque. Click the following link for "online" or to download and complete the form.
Youtube Live Streaming
- Click the folliwng link for "Youtube Live Streaming"
Ruling on Praying Zuhr at home during a Pandemic
Please stay positive and stay safe
and know as long as your intention is to pray in the Masjid
and you cannot do this because of the COVID-19 pandemic
will get the rewards as if you are praying in the Masjid
Please stay healthy, stay positive and stay safe!
Wa'alaykum As-salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu