It's refreshing and exciting to have a new beginning with students here at the start of this school year! The BIST Team greatly admires and truly appreciates the work you all do to support and impact children. As this year kicks off, here are some important reminders about the anatomy of the relationships we form with our students:
- Clear and consistent boundaries help kids navigate their environment in a way that leads to success.
- Reduce anxiety.
Must come after establishing boundaries.
- Want to make sure that every student has a significant connection to one adult in our building.
- Is the way I intervene with behavior on Monday the same way I intervene with behavior on Friday?
- Do I address the same behaviors on Monday as I do on Friday?
Are my expectations determined by what kids need to achieve, and not based on what they have experienced? Support is determined by what kids need to achieve at a high level.
- My expectations are not determined by my mood.
Always remember the important impact you have on your students. You may very well be the reason that a child feels worthy and puts forth effort. What you do matters!
We very much look forward to working with you all this school year in the awesome work that you do!
-The BIST Team