Masks and social distancing are no longer required for fully vaccinated* people attending Balmoral Presbyterian Church for worship and small group activities in the new part of our building, or for CofFCC worshippers in the Fellowship area.
Everyone, masked or not, can sing in worship, including masked unvaccinated people and masked partially vaccinated people whom the church will trust to keep wearing masks and practice social distancing.
Classrooms A and B are also now available for meetings of Balmoral small groups including the Book Club, Writers Circle, Trouble I've Seen, Glenda Ellis Small Group, Bailey Small Group, and groups coordinated by Pastoral Care Resident, Rev. Elizabeth Dick.
Reservations for Classrooms A and B are required.
Please contact Calendar Coordinator Barry Dotson
signed text/cell: 901. 277.1596
to schedule the use of Classrooms A and B
We will take our time welcoming the non-Balmoral singing groups and other organizations back into the building. Look for that to happen this fall.
*In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
The Balmoral Presbyterian Church
COVID-19 Task Force Policy
Policy for Worship and Building Use
Effective Monday, June 14, 2021
BPC Worship and Building Use Policy is in effect for
ONLY the new part
of the Balmoral Presbyterian Church building including:
Narthex, Sanctuary, Classrooms A and B, Choir Room,
Sound Room, Long Hallway and Restrooms.
The remainder of the building will be off-limits to Balmoral members in deference to the children of The SEED Program.
- Vaccinations are encouraged but not required for attending worship and group gatherings in the choir room and classrooms A and B.
- Masks are optional for fully vaccinated persons attending worship and group gatherings in the choir room and classrooms A and B.
- Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated persons are trusted to wear a mask and practice social distancing in the building.
- Unvaccinated children and youth must wear a mask if age 2 and older.
- All worshippers may sing and participate in responsive readings.
- The configuration of chairs will remain unchanged until further notice.
- Worshippers may come and go from the sanctuary without direction from ushers.
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance; hand sanitizer will be available in the restrooms.
- One-page bulletins will be available at the sanctuary doors and people are asked to take them home to dispose of them.
Please Remember For Everyone's Safety...
We trust that people who are unvaccinated
and partially vaccinated will continue to wear masks.
We ask that anyone who is experiencing symptoms of illness (EG: sore throat; fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea) not enter the building and, instead, participate in worship through livestream.
The BPC COVID-19 Task Force has not completed our work by any means. We will be monitoring the effectiveness of the policies and procedures, making recommendations for modifications as needed, making plans for Fall's Sunday Studies and other in-person activities. And we are available for comments and questions as we look forward to returning to worship in the building again!
BPC COVID-19 Task Force
Scott Hill - Chair
Mary Schmitz, Clerk
Kathy Singleton, Barry Dotson, Beverly Hooker,
Scott Dawson, Frank Carney
To contact the Chair of the BPC COVID-19 Task Force:
Scott Hill - signed text: 901.277.9794