ARIZONA TEACHER WALKOUT
UPDATES AND RESOURCES
from YOUR CRPTO
as of 4.24.18
In preparation of
Scottsdale Unified School District campuses being closed on Thursday, April 26, 2018
and for the duration of the Arizona Teacher Walkout, your CRPTO would like to make you aware of the following information, updates and resources.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
- Scottsdale Kids Food Drive UPDATE: As you know, Copper Ridge School has been conducting a food drive for students at Navajo Elementary School. Over 50% of students at Navajo receive free or reduced meal service. The goal of the food drive is to gather breakfast and lunch items for these students. In an effort to ensure our donations are processed and delivered to Navajo, we kindly ask all donation be dropped off at CRS during morning drop off or by noon on Wednesday, April 25th. For a complete list of items, please download the Scottsdale Kids Food Drive flyer
- Scottsdale Unified Nutrition Services will be serving free meals to any child 18 years or younger during school closures. Selected school sites are open to serve ALL children regardless of meal status or enrollment during closures. Please see the SUNS flyer for school sites and more information.
- SUSD Frequently Asked Questions - SUSD has compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions for parents to help address your immediate concerns. This document along with the SUSD Employee FAQs is available on SUSD.org
- Scottsdale Parent Council Letter - SPC has compiled detailed information regarding food resources and safe places for students to go during the Arizona Teacher Walkout. For complete information, please visit scottsdaleparentcouncil.org or SPC Facebook page. Please check with your local gyms, clubs, and community centers for additional opportunities.
- If you would like more up-to-date information about the #REDforED movement then please visit the Arizona Educators United Facebook page or arizonaeducatorsunited.com
School Closure FAQs from Principal Slover 4.24.18 6:00pm
- How will this impact promotion? We do not have any changes to the promotion schedule planned due to the closure of schools. Promotion is still scheduled for Thursday, May 24th.
- How will this impact planned field trips? In-district field trips during the school closure will be rescheduled. Out of district field trips, such as the Band and Strings field trip, will continue as planned. All parents and families involved with these field trips have been notified by teachers.
- How will this impact gifted and/or middle school math placement testing? We are currently working with our Gifted department to change test dates when school resumes. We are also rescheduling our middle school math placement testing. We will be sure to communicate both sets of dates to parents so you will have as much notice as possible.
- Where do I go for the most up to date information? The district Communications Department has set up a website that will be updated frequently with news about school closures. We recommend utilizing the district website, district social media, and school newsletters/communication to ensure you are receiving accurate information. The SUSD website page specific to closures can be found here. You are always welcome to email Mrs. Slover or call her at 480-484-1410, as well.
- How will district notify parents aside from the website? The district also sends out updates through text message and email. Please note: if you are not receiving text messages from the district, it could be because your cell phone is listed as home phone in our system. If you think this might be the case, please call to verify your information is correct in our system.
2nd Grade Field Trip to Seussical The Musical, Jr. at The DC Ranch Community Center
- A special invitation to all CRS 2nd Grade students and their families has been extended by Ms. Lindsay Vanegas, the Arts and Education Coordinator for the DC Ranch Homestead Playhouse to attend the performance on Friday, April 27th at 9:00am. A flyer will be coming home with all 2nd Grade students on Wednesday, April 25th.
Teacher Appreciation Week
As always, we encourage you to visit
for continued updates and information. Please feel free to reach out with questions or concerns to
e are YOUR CRPTO and are here to help CRS students, teachers and administration during this unprecedented time in our school, district and state's history. Thank you for your support.