In the midst of often frightening and upsetting times, it's easy to think
there's nothing you can do. But change doesn't start in large waves or happen overnight
— it starts with each of us.
Taking small simple steps to adjust how we each think, act and communicate can bring valuable change.
As you prepare for the new school year, we hope you'll consider these strategies for yourself and your child.
- Start your morning listing the things you're looking forward to that day.
- When you get frustrated with your child, family, or colleagues, remind yourself why you're thankful for them.
- Be kind, offer to help, and notice when others do.
- Write a note of appreciation to someone.
- Be curious; ask someone why they feel or think a certain way before expressing your own opinion.
We hope the articles below will help your family transition into the fall season, and as always, please spread the word!