Dear HSA McKinley Park Families,
This is a long update and I appreciate you taking the time to read it.
What a difference a year makes! We are so excited to announce that all of our students and staff will be back full time, and in person in August. Our goal is to keep all students and staff healthy and in school.
We are a community and although we may have different beliefs and viewpoints, we need to work together, take care of each other and especially take care of our children. I hope you will support the School’s decisions on health and safety protocols for this school year. Our children learn first from their families and then from their teachers. Please help your children understand that there are different views on wearing/not wearing masks and vaccinations, and when they are at school, they need to follow the school rules and continue to be kind to their friends who may have different views. These conversations are so important for you to have with your children. If you are finding it difficult to find the right words to begin the conversation, please reach out to your school principal. We will not tolerate bullying related to mask wearing or any other bullying.
Below you will find our opening plan. All of this is based on current information, including updated school-specific guidance from a joint effort by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE). Please note that things may change, hopefully based on decreasing numbers of COVID-19, and we will continuously communicate with you.
Friday, August 20th is the first day of school for new students, all 6th & all 9th.
Monday, August 23rd is the first day for all students
- Friday, August 20th is new parent orientation
- Bus services will continue as in previous years.
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks on school buses.
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks indoors.
- Face masks do not need to be worn outdoors.
- Mask guidance will be evaluated weekly based on
-Local, State and National health department guidance
-Student/staff cases of COVID-19
- Individual students or student groups will be socially distanced, 3 feet apart when at all possible.
- Small groups of students may be assigned to the same table and be 3 feet from other tables
- Students can share materials
We will no longer require lanyards for daily student health certification. Parents should continue to keep their children home from school when they are ill.
All school visitors must wear masks.
Field Trips & Large Gatherings
- At this point in time we are not scheduling field trips or large gatherings of students. We may change this according to guidance from ISBE and CPS.
- We are planning our open house in September. Details will be shared soon.
Hand Washing and Sanitizing
Students will have time and opportunity in their classrooms and throughout the building to sanitize their hands throughout the day.
Breakfast and Lunch
Lunch and Breakfast programs are happening as scheduled.
After School Activities
- After school clubs and sports will resume.
- Morning Care and Aftercare programs will resume.
- HSA McKinley will continue to share information as we get closer to our start date.
Thank you for your patience and concern about all of our children. If you have additional questions please contact me.
2245 W. Pershing Rd. Chicago, IL 60609
(O) 773.247.8400 | (F) 773.247.8401