A Note from the Booster President
Boosters! It’s been an amazing first semester of 2019. From Band Camp and Tag Days to the football games and all the way to the Christmas trifecta of Barnes & Noble, English Gardens and Jingle Bell Jazz, you have been awesome in your help, support and volunteering. The mix of new and veteran Boosters has created a vibe that has given us some great new traditions like the tailgates and English Gardens to go with our existing events.
We have a great 2020 to write with the Disney trip coming. So to every Booster, Band & Orchestra, new and old, have a Merry Christmas and wonderful holiday season. Careful with those Boxing Day celebrations. The uppercuts and jabs can really hurt.
Jingle Bell Jazz Success
Thanks again to JBJ Chairs, Huw Evans and Victoria Wisniewski, and all the volunteers to helped to make Jingle Bell Jazz 2019 such a wonderful night!
Still need to confirm, but over $2,000 was the preliminary estimate raised for the Jordan & Ashley Siegel Foundation! Thanks to all who attended.
If you received a parking ticket in the West Lot during JBJ:
I have spoken with the Farmers Market manager and she has been in contact with the police, the parking tickets were given out in error - everyone is very apologetic but I am trying to make sure the word gets out.
None of us need to pay those tickets. If the ticket was left at the market it has been taken care of. If not please take to the police department or to the market (open today until 4pm tomorrow 7am to 1pm) - I am taking mine to the police station to make sure that the desk received the message also!
We are using band distribution to reach out but feel free to forward to anyone you know who may not be on that chain.
Mark Your 2020 Calendars
- Pep Band details will be announced after students get back from the holidays. Stay tuned...
- Construction in the Performing Arts Wing at ROHS is going strong! Check out this VIDEO of progress made by Mr. Rose.
- 1/10-11/20: MSBOA District IV Honors Band & Jazz Band at Clarkston High School
- 1/14/20: B&O Boosters’ meeting at 7 pm in the MMR (All parents and students welcome!)
- 1/15-18/20: Michigan Music Conference (Grand Rapids) for students in All-State Ensembles
- 1/24-25/20: MSBOA District IV Solo & Ensemble Festival at Brighton HS.
Have a wonderful holiday. See you next year!