Victoria Dabrowski Schmidt ’42 Workplace & Professional Development Symposium 2019
September 14, 2019 | 9:00 – 4:00 PM
Douglass Student Center
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
We look forward to seeing you on
Saturday, September 14 th
for our fourth annual Victoria Dabrowski Schmidt ’42 Workplace & Professional Development Symposium on Douglass Campus. The theme for the Symposium is “
” We encourage you to incorporate the concepts of courage, character and commitment in your proposal.
- Your proposed workshop must be related to professional or personal development.
- Length of presentation not to exceed 45 minutes.
- The selection committee will not review incomplete proposals so please be sure to include all of the information requested.
- Given the number of workshops slated, we cannot guarantee that all proposals will be selected, but we will do our best to accommodate as many submissions as possible.
- Panels may be created using similar topics.
Please include the following information in your proposal:
1. Title of workshop
2. Presenter’s name, class year and contact information (email and cell phone number)
3. Presenter's bio, and head shot
4. A brief description of proposed career workshop (50 words maximum) and a one sentence tagline
5. A more detailed description of proposed career workshop (200 characters maximum)
6. The learning objectives and outcomes of the workshop
7. The area of professional development the workshop focuses on
8. How this workshop will engage the audience and meet various learning styles
9. An outline or visual of the presentation (e.g. PowerPoint, videos, etc…)
10. Audio/Video needs
11. How did you learn about the symposium?
*Note: All descriptions and bios submitted may be used for print and online promotion of the event and may be revised for style or length
Optional: If you'd like to contribute promotional materials for participant gift bags (e.g. pens, literature, etc…), please list the items in your proposal submission.