Information from School Messenger dated January 8, 2021
Below are a few important reminders as students and staff have returned to campus.
- If your student is required to quarantine due to a Covid-19 related matter, or if you are unsure, please contact the clinic 547-7313
- Please see the attached document for our health screening entry form.
- Students experiencing any of the symptoms on the sheet attached should remain home.
Temperatures will continue to be taken in 1st period each day.
- If your student is currently awaiting a COVID-19 test result they should remain home until receiving their results.
- If somebody in the same household as your student has tested positive for COVID-19 they will need to quarantine for 10 days from the last day of contact. Please contact the school nurse.
- The quarantine period may be shortened to as few as 7 days if a negative PCR test result is obtained on day 6 or later from exposure to the positive case. The Dept. of Health will assist in clearing your child to return to school once they have received the negative test result.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school with any questions.
We appreciate your continued assistance in supporting our health and safety protocols here on campus. As a reminder, below is the student health screener questions. If you can say yes to any of the symptoms below for your child, please keep your child at home until you can say no to all symptoms. If you can say yes to the questions, follow the instructions in red.
Student Health Screening Entry Form
Please assess your child daily for the following symptoms and answer the contact questions.
• Fever of 100.4 or higher
• Uncontrolled cough
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Sore throat
• Loss of sense of smell or taste
• Muscle aches
• Vomiting or diarrhea
• Is your child currently awaiting COVID-19 test results? If yes, please keep your child home and notify the school nurse when test results are received. Further instructions will be discussed at that time.
• Does your child live in the same household with someone positive for COVID-19? If yes, your child must quarantine for 10 days from the last date of contact with the positive individual. The quarantine period may be shortened to as few as 7 days if a negative PCR test result is obtained on day 6 or later from exposure to the positive case. The Dept. of Health will assist in clearing your child to return to school once they have received the negative test result.
School Messenger dated 12/11/20
Attached you will find the updated CDC and Florida Department of Health guidelines for Quarantine. There are a couple of items we wanted to highlight:
- The testing method of reducing the quarantine does not allow for a rapid antigen test only a PCR test will qualify.
- A PCR test does take longer to get the results back therefore the testing method may not be the opportunity to return back to school quicker since the test has to be taken no earlier than on day 6.
- If a student is waiting on a COVID test result, the student should be at home until they receive the results.