City of Gulfport
2401 53rd Street South
Gulfport, FL 33707
For Immediate Release, 4/28/2020
BEACHES TO REOPEN MONDAY, POOLS THIS THURSDAY, WITH RESTRICTIONS
The Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners issued modified orders on Tuesday allowing for the conditional reopening of public beaches, public beach parking areas, and common area swimming pools. The pools and childcare facility playgrounds may reopen Thursday at 6 a.m., and the beaches will open Monday, May 4, at 7 a.m.
- Pools at condominiums, hotels, homeowner associations, apartment complexes and long-term care facilities are limited to 50 percent of the stated pool maximum bathing load. Owners and operators must adhere to CDC social distancing and sanitation guidelines.
- Childcare facility playgrounds may reopen with CDC social distancing and sanitation requirements. However, facilities must continue to comply with the state order that requires social distancing and no groups larger than 10. Play equipment used by one group of children must be cleaned and sanitized before use by another group of children.
- Public beach visitors must adhere to CDC social distancing guidelines. Groups of more than 10 are prohibited, and people not from the same family must stay at least 6 feet apart.
- Public beach restrooms must meet CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfection. Kayak rentals will remain closed pending new direction from the state regarding nonessential businesses.
- The Casino Boat dock will reopen with the municipal beach.