TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
Teacher Appreciation Week is a national event where students and parents take some extra time to celebrate the time, energy and heart teachers put into educating our kids. Here at Rockwell we have fun activities planned for every day of the week including a breakfast, a luncheon, a coffee cart in the staff lounge, a raffle, snack time with cookies and milk and of course lots of opportunities for students to show big appreciation with small gestures. Please see below for ways to participate.
- Each student brings a card for his/her teacher. Often times the best cards are homemade so pull out the construction paper and markers. Cards will be collected at the beginning of the school day.
- Room parents will present something from the class. Talk to your room parent for details.
- Each student brings **ONE** flower to his/her teacher. Flowers will be collected at the beginning of the school day and compiled into beautiful bouquets for teachers to enjoy. (In order to not overwhelm the classroom with flowers, please just send one flower, not a bouquet or plant.)
- The PTA is hosting a picnic-themed luncheon for the school staff. Please
to bring food.
- Students dress up in spirit wear/school colors.
- Each student takes one piece of fruit to his/her teacher. Fruit will be collected at the beginning of the school day and arranged in baskets to give to teachers.
- Cookies and milk will be provided for school staff in the lounge. Please
to bring cookies.
If you have any questions please contact your room parent.
Teacher Appreciation Week Coordinator