- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black soybeans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime (about 1 to 2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Make dressing with lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil; combine well. Pour over salad ingredients and toss lightly to combine. Chill several hours before serving.
Yield: 10 servings. Per ⅔ cup serving: 120 calories, 3 g fat (0 g sat fat), 8 g protein (6.25 g soy protein), 17 g carbohydrate, 299 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 g dietary fiber.