February is National Heart Month! Did you know that consuming soy can help you keep your heart healthy? Not only is soy low in fat and a great source of protein, but it is easy to find and use.
Soy can be found in everyday food products from baked goods to salad dressings, snack foods and even cooking oils.
Soybean oil, also known as vegetable oil, is the number one source for cooking oil. It has a neutral flavor profile, it's low in saturated fat and it contains no trans-fat. Soybean oil is also high in healthy fats, like poly- and monounsaturated fats.
Experts recommend two to three servings of soyfoods daily, which can:
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Manage diabetes and weight
- Prevent certain cancers, like breast cancer and prostate cancer
- Protect against osteoporosis
- Alleviate menopausal symptoms
Visit our website to find soy uses, recipes and health recommendations to keep your heart healthy!