For our returning Grizzlies, mark you calendars for important dates:
Fees: Friendly reminder from the The Principal and PTSA Presidents
***Items available for Purchase via Parent Access: Yearbook, ASB, PE Fitness Shirt, Athletic Sports Participation Fee (don’t forget to submit your updated paperwork to the office). Class fees will be available for payment two weeks AFTER the start of the semester.
First Day of School:
Our first day is the day after Labor Day on Tuesday, September 3. Buses will run twice to accommodate our staggered start. Note that 6
grade students (and NEW to RMS 7
Graders) should arrive at the regular start of the day (first bell rings at 8:10) and have an orientation with activities designed to make their transition to middle school just a bit smoother. Sixth graders (and NEW to RMS 7
Graders) will start their day in the cafeteria and will be assigned to groups at that time. Returning seventh and eighth grade students should arrive at 10:30 to collect schedules (buses will start dropping students around 10:10). We will then continue with class activities and regular lunches for all students.
What are they coming home with and what should come back?
- Agendas – These include the student handbook and the Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Picture day forms – Please return these on Picture day, 9/6, if you would like to purchase pictures.
- Acknowledgement of Student Rights and Responsibilities form – Please review the information in the Agenda/Handbook with your student and then sign and return this form with them to their Grizzly Time Teacher.
- AUP (laptops) form (6th grade and NEW 7th/8th graders only) – this form MUST be signed and returned to their ELA teacher on 9/4 in order for us to issue student laptops that day.
- Important Parent information – This large packet is a great go too FAQ tool.
We will be taking pictures the first Friday of school, September 6. We hope to capture the vast majority of students in one day. Students will receive their permanent ID/ASB card at this time as well.
All students will be issued a laptop for school use. Sixth graders, and new RMS 7th/8th will be issued their devices during school on September 4. Please remind your student to bring home and charge their laptop that evening as we will be covering important lessons with the devices on Friday. Included in materials coming home the first day is a form to receive a laptop. Please review, sign, and return with your student if they are new to our school (returning 7
graders do not need to return). We cannot issue a laptop without this signed form. Our 7
graders who are returning, and were unable to attend Griz Biz, will be issued laptops on September 5.
Curriculum Night/Open House:
Our annual parent Open House will be Tuesday, September 24. A general welcome for all parents begins in the gymnasium at 6:30 pm. First period class is scheduled to start at 6:45 pm; time will be provided to visit all of your student’s RMS classes. A detailed invitation will be emailed the early part of September.
Please help us with our traffic. If you are picking up/dropping off your student, please form one lane and pull all the way to front of the line before letting your student out of the car. This way we can ensure all are safe and maximize our parking lot space.
Need some support?
Please complete the following to see if you qualify for Free/Reduced Lunches:
- Download the application in English or Spanish via the following link: http://www.lwsd.org/students-families/breakfast-and-lunch-menus OR:
- Have the school send home a paper application with your child. To have a paper application sent home with you child, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name.
- Have your child drop off the completed application in the Student Services office at RMS so that it can be sent in to the district office.
- Send in the completed form no later than October 12th for processing.
If you know you are picking up a student during the school day, please call the RMS Safe Arrival Line, (425) 936-2441 and leave a message – stating your student’s name, the reason for leaving and the time. Please note that all students must be signed out at the front desk by a parent or guardian.
Please also update your child’s immunization record with our nurse. Most importantly will be to update the date of your student’s Tdap shot. You can drop off this information at the Student Services office at RMS.