BearBuy Scheduled Maintenance
BearBuy will be unavailable
Friday, November 9, at 6 p.m. through Sunday, November 11, at 9 a.m.
to upgrade from release version 18.2 to 18.3. To avoid delays, please complete all BearBuy requests prior to the system maintenance. BearBuy will be available on Monday, November 12.
BEARBUY OFFICE HOURS
n-Person BearBuy Support Office Hours
The next three BearBuy Office Hours will be held on:
Come to the next BearBuy Office Hours to get your BearBuy questions answered in person. No appointment is needed. The event is first come, first served.
- November 20 from 9 a.m. to noon at Parnassus, Campus Library, Room 221
- December 6 from 9 a.m. to noon at Mission Bay, Mission Hall, Room 2109
- December 7 from 9 a.m. to noon at Parnassus, Campus Library, Room 210
Supply Chain Management representatives will be available at these locations to answer BearBuy questions such as:
- Navigating BearBuy
- Shopping using catalogs and forms
- Submitting or approving orders
- Managing purchase order changes
- Searching for BearBuy documents
- Ways to optimize and streamline your BearBuy purchases
- Managing your BearBuy settings and email alerts
We are here to help, so please come visit us with your BearBuy questions.
We can answer many BearBuy questions, but if you have payment-related questions, please contact the SCM Accounts Payable Helpdesk directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I am going on vacation soon. How do I set a substitute in BearBuy?
Follow the instructions below for your BearBuy role(s):
- On the left navigation bar, go to Shop (the shopping cart icon) > My Carts and Orders > View Carts. Then, click the Assigned Carts tab. Click the Assign Substitute link, and select the appropriate Requester name.
- To end a substitution, go to Shop (the shopping cart icon in the left navigation bar) > My Carts and Orders > View Carts. Click the Assigned Carts tab. Click the End Substitution link.
Requisition Approver, Voucher Approver, Match Exception Handler:
On the left navigation bar, go to Documents (the icon that looks like a stack of papers) > Approvals > Assign Substitute Approvers. Then, click the button at the top to Assign Substitute to All Requisition/Invoice Folders. In the Assign Substitute pop-up, search for the substitute's name and the check the box to Include Date Range for Substitution, if desired. Click Assign.
If you don't include a date range, you will need to manually end the substitution. Follow the steps above, but click the button to End Substitute for All Requisition/Invoice Folders.
Q. What does the STOP sign beside the supplier name in BearBuy mean and how can it be removed?
A. The STOP sign indicates that the supplier is not set up to accept purchase orders (POs). If you are submitting a Payment Request type form in BearBuy, you may disregard the STOP sign.
If the supplier accepts POs, they must fill out and submit the
UCSF Substitute W-9 & Supplier Information Form
to have the STOP sign removed. Please note, the Purchase Order details (Section 2 of page 1 of the form) must be completed. To remove the stop sign for a foreign supplier, send the request to
and include the supplier's email address for PO delivery (no form is required).
Q: I heard that Accounts Payable has joined Supply Chain Management. Can I still email invoices to email@example.com?
Yes, please email invoices (with a PO#) to firstname.lastname@example.org for payment. However, if you have a question for Accounts Payable or need to make a special request, please contact the new Accounts Payable Help Desk at email@example.com or call (415) 502-3331.
For questions on topics including Payroll, HBS and MyReports, please continue to contact the Controller's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 476-2126