The following five bedtime tips will boost your focus, reduce your stress, and help you with balancing it all during these few summer months:
1. When you are ready to fall asleep at night give yourself permission to let go of the day's events. This is as simple as putting your head on the pillow, closing your eyes and saying or thinking to yourself, “I give myself permission to relax my mind and my body now.”
2. With your eyes closed, take a deep breath. Hold it for a count of three seconds. Allow your body to “drop down” more comfortably as you slowly exhale. Repeat three times, dropping down deeper each time.
3. Once relaxed, focus on your natural breath. Pay attention to your chest rising and falling.
4. With each breath imagine waves of balance, gratitude, and clarity rippling through your body.
5. Remember that this is a practice. It will become easier as you continue.
Do not get hung up on doing it right or wrong - just do as it says above and you will begin to notice yourself having a more successful season than you thought you could.