FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Because of Coronavirus concerns, Precinct 23's and Precinct 61's polling places moved
ALACHUA COUNTY, Fla. (March 12, 2020) — The polling places for Precinct 23 and Precinct 61 have been moved because of concerns surrounding the Coronavrius.
The emergency polling location for Precinct 23 is the
Wyndham Garden Gainesville
, which is located at 2900 SW 13th Street, Gainesville. The Wyndham Garden Gainesville is also the permanent polling place for Precinct 59, so the location will serve voters from both precincts (23 and 59).
Previously, the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge served as Precinct 23's temporary polling place for this election. The move was made at the request of the facility.
The emergency polling location for Precinct 61 is the
Millhopper Branch Library
, which is located at 3145 NW 43rd Street, Gainesville.
Previously, The Atrium, a senior living community, served as Precinct 61's polling place. The move was made at the request of the facility and is only for this election.
Florida Statutes 101.71 provides the Supervisor of Elections the authority to designate alternate polling locations or replace established polling locations under extenuating or emergency circumstances.
Voters must vote in the polling place to which they are assigned on Election Day. During early voting, which will run through March 14, voters may use any one of the six Alachua County early voting sites.
All early voting sites (listed below) are open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day.
- Supervisor of Elections Office (515 N Main Street, Suite 100, Gainesville)
- Millhopper Branch Library (3145 NW 43rd Street, Gainesville)
- Tower Road Branch Library (3020 SW 75th Street, Gainesville)
- Alachua Legacy Park Multipurpose Center (15400 Peggy Road, Alachua)
- Orange Heights Baptist Church (16700 NE SR 26, Hawthorne)
- J. Wayne Reitz Union, University of Florida (655 Reitz Union Drive, Ground Floor of the Career Connections Center, Gainesville)
Sample ballots for the election are available at VoteAlachua.com/Elections/Sample-Ballots.
For more information, contact the Supervisor of Elections at 352-374-5252.