For the past three months, we have been building our knowledge and opening our hearts to the imperative work of racial reconciliation. This month, we are moving into new territory and looking in our own backyard.
- Who were the early Episcopalians in Goochland County and were they slaveholders?
- What families, after Emancipation, were the founding members of Grace Church?
- Who spoke against slavery and worked for change?
Join us this Sunday at 7pm via Zoom to learn more about our new research project, led by Elaine Taylor and other members of Grace.
- Want to know what member of Grace was the son of the owner of Tredegar Iron Works?
- Interested in which Goochland resident was a spy for the Union army?
- Who was the slave, Martha Ann, and what do we know of her story?
We can't wait to share what we are learning!