Keeping warm without touching the thermostat
Our great fall weather fluctuates so much during the daytime vs nighttime it's hard to pull the trigger and finally turn the heat on. Here are a few tips to keeping warm as temperatures drop without having to turn the heat up.
- Switch your sheets to flannel and use a down comforter if you have one
- Leave the oven open after you bake, be sure to turn the oven off first
- Eat soup and other warm meals, and drink warm beverages
- Run ceiling fans in reverse to push warm air back down into the room
- Use rugs on bare floors
- Turn off the bathroom fan after showers, humidity makes the house feel warmer
Read more tips here about keeping warm without touching the thermostat.