At many conferences, the most productive part is the break-time hallway discussions. Essentially, this whole day will be about those informal visits. It will be a day of meaning, camaraderie, and fun.
WHAT ACTIONS WILL TAKE PLACE THIS DAY?
We will help each other move forward with our businesses, communities, or organizations through large and small group networking sessions. Pake McNally will show us some Ju Jitsu workout equipment that he makes and we'll give him marketing ideas. Those wanting to have trails in their town will see and learn how they can utilize a "Trail in a Box". Experienced trail makers will share advice. There will be stand-up networking and "sticky-note wall work". A closing speaker will wrap up the day. There will be a positive atmosphere and you will have opportunity for your voice to be heard. We will have healthy food, Swedish Kringler, and yummy cookies.
Your action will be to take advantage of numerous networks that can offer you support.
- Connecting those who want to make progress on similar goals.
- Creating opportunities to unite around certain topics for local or statewide progress.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- People who want to make Kansas a better place to live.
- People passionate and positive about working on community life.
- Local government, tourism, artists, farmers, entrepreneurs, economic development, health care, elder care, child care, educators, librarians, community foundations, rural telcoms, housing, etc. Anyone in the business of rural living.
- Advocates from state agencies and organizations.
- If you're feeling isolated, this is for you.
- If you don't know where to turn for answers, we'll try to help.
- PowerUps (21-39s and rural by choice)
- PowerOns (40+ who are passionate about community)
- Sparks (Under 21 who love their community)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE WARM-UP ROUND?
We have a great plan brewing but need to do some confirming before we share it. It'll be another form of sharing expertise and knowledge with each other. I think you'll like it!
Registration deadline is March 12.
No refunds after this date.
This un-conference emphasizes the sharing of relevant and practical information in a positive environment.
Each person will be asked to come ready to contribute by using Good Listening skills, Great Group Behavior and to Share in Short Bursts of information.
#GUIDEBOOK IN EVERY CAR
Would you do this? Along the way, stop at some neat little place on your drive to Lindsborg and take a picture of your
Kansas Guidebook 2 for Explorers
in your car near a cool spot. Post and use the hashtag. That'd be awesome!