Message from the Chair
As we start 2018, we cannot forget the fantastic results we had for 2017. Highlights include:
- More than 3,450 riders raised more than $1.45 million in the fight against cancer.
- More than 250 volunteers assisted in the hosting of our 2017 ride.
- New partnerships with a number of sponsors and organizations which should benefit us for many years to come.
- Changes incorporated into the 2017 ride to improve the riding experience.
- Ended 2017 with more than 500 riders registered for 2018’s ride and having raised more than $53,000!
As you can see, we are well on our way towards June 10; less than five months until our ride. These are exciting times. During the months leading up to the ride, our focus will be on improving the signage along the route, working more closely with the municipalities to address road conditions along the route, fine-tuning ingress and egress from rest stops, improved SAG support and command center coordination, and an enhanced endpoint experience including better food options for our participants, a re-designed endpoint at Kennedy Plaza, better incorporation and utilization of our team tents.
We have many parts that need to come together to be as successful as we anticipate for 2018. We have a tremendous, committed and hard-working Steering Committee who relishes the challenge. Watch for periodic updates along with information about activities hosted by riders and teams from our event leading up to our ride in June. While we ride on just one day, we desire to integrate activities throughout the year to promote the ride, promote awareness of cancer and the need to step up and participate in the fight against cancer.