July 22, 2019
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. New York physician sentenced to prison for billing fraud
2. Cook County Health's Dr. John Jay Shannon: Impending Medicaid DSH cuts are 'immoral'
3. Bill sent to murdered woman's family was an error, suburban Illinois hospital says
4. The payoff of automating accounts payable.
to read the white paper.
5. Retiring Henry Ford Allegiance Health CEO gives $1M to her hospital's foundation
6. Hacienda Children's Hospital to close due to 'enormous unbudgeted costs'
7. 10 hospitals seeking RCM talent
8. How consumerism can help health systems overcome patient mistrust.
to read the e-book.
9. New York had most out-of-network charges for in-network inpatient stays in 2017
10. False Claims Act settlements top $750M in first half of 2019
11. Large self-pay balances are a flashing warning light indicating a problem in the revenue cycle.
to learn what to do about it.
12. 28 recent hospital, health system executive moves
13. UnitedHealth reverses coverage denial for million-dollar gene therapy
Companies to Know
Thank you to our key partners
Prism Healthcare Partners
Legal & Regulatory Issues
Health Information Technology
Integration & Physician Issues
Leadership & Management
Transaction & Valuation Issues
Quality & Patient Safety
Sales, Marketing & Events:
President and CEO
Becker's Hospital Review
A Becker's Healthcare Publication
17 N. State St., Suite 1800 | Chicago, IL 60602
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved.