I do hope this email finds all of you and your families healthy and safe.
As we head into May and the weather improves, we wanted to begin to safely implement more services to our membership and, at the same time, continue our safeguards that are in place. PLEASE read the information below as it it important that everyone who comes out to play is well- informed...
It is very important that people to do not congregate, before OR after your rounds. This is still happening in the parking lot or clubhouse area. The state mandate through the 20th of May says that "social gatherings of more than 5 people are prohibited". We ask that you do not show up more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time and that you depart from the club as promptly as possible.
The following will become available starting on Friday, May 1st:
- The Putting Green; 4 cups will be cut in the practice putting green with cups above the surface. Limit of four people to the green at one time.
- The Chipping Green & Bunker; limit of two people around the chipping area at one time.
- The Driving Range; 4 generously spaced stations will be available for warming up with a four person limit.
At this time, ALL practice facilities (putting, chipping & driving) are for a limited warm up BEFORE playing. Please, no practice sessions. Our newly constructed Short Game Practice area by the maintenance building is NOT open yet.
- Golf Carts will be available for those who NEED one in order to play. Arrangements must be made PRIOR to your round by calling the golf shop at 860-434-2038 or emailing Andrew.
- Cart usage limited one person per cart, no "hitching along" at any time.
- Each member is responsible for loading and unloading their own clubs and removing ALL belongings and garbage after play.
We are happily providing golf carts so that we are not excluding some of our members from enjoying the course. This is a safety issue for our members and staff, PLEASE request a golf cart only if you need one.
- The clubhouse is closed; per order of the State of Connecticut
- Temporary Men's & Women's bathrooms are available located on the paved area behind the 1st tee.
- Sprays and wipes are provided for you to use on any surfaces before and AFTER use.
- While the bathrooms are disinfected daily, use as necessary and at your own risk.
GOLF SHOP MERCHANDISE & LESSONS
While the Governor has closed our clubhouse and golf shop, we will be able to provide you with items you may need or want. Brian and Andrew will be formerly overseeing play and activities starting May 1st and will be ready to assist you during business hours.
- Feel free to email or call with any questions relating to merchandise purchases and availability of products.
- The patio outside the golf shop will serve as a temporary outdoor showroom with a sampling of products when the weather allows.
- Arrangements can be made to pick up disinfected items you may want to purchase in a designated area.
- Demo clubs can be available by calling the golf shop.
- Brian and Andrew will also be able to give 30 minute individual lessons by appointment, call the golf shop for scheduling.
- The Titleist ProV1 Loyalty promotion has been extended to May 17th, call or email Andrew to place an order.
- More information coming on the Golf Shop, demos & club fittings.
OTHER NOTES ON GOLF
- The 2020 Black Hall yearbook is here and will be made available to pick up on the patio when weather allows.
- Through May 20th, NO club events will take place. Considerations are being made for events beyond May 20th. Stay tuned.
- A Lost & Found box from this Spring has been formed and can be found on the golf shop patio. If there are any clubs or items you may have found, please place it in the Lost & Found.
- There are no garbage receptacles on the golf course. Please do not leave your trash, IF YOU BROUGHT IT HERE, BRING IT HOME
- It is determined by industry experts that having the cups raised on the greens is the surest way to avoid touching of the pins and cups. This method will be continued realizing it is not the purest form of golf. It is temporary and it will change when our preventative measures begin to decrease as a whole.
- Scoring for handicaps will be delayed at this time.
- There are many free APPS available on your phone for keeping score
- Golf is still for Members only, no guests are permitted at this time.
- No group larger than a foursome is permissible at any time.
OTHER ITEMS & HABITS
- Only come to the golf course if you are healthy and symptom-free
- Maintain a social distance of 6' at all times to all golfers & employees
- If your ball hits the cup and rolls beyond a putter length from the hole, perhaps it was going too fast for it to go in???
- Rakes have been removed in bunkers, you may improve your lie
- Keep your clubs, ball & equipment to yourself, handle your own stuff
- Bring your own water or beverage as fountains will remain turned off
Tee times will not be used at this time but if demand is too high and social distancing becomes a challenge, we may have to implement temporary tee times. Safety is our number one priority.
Andrew Campbell - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Tiffany - email@example.com
Moira Sager - firstname.lastname@example.org