Substantial changes to the Divorce Act come into force on March 1, 2021. Experts from the Family and Children’s Law Team, Department of Justice Canada, are offering free virtual training to provide you with an overview of the amendments.
This course will be helpful to those who need an introduction to the amendments and to those who need a refresher on the eve of implementation.
It is likely to be of interest to lawyers, courts and dispute resolution practitioners, as well as other family justice professionals.
The course will cover the following:
- Status of Act, objectives
- Language of parenting, parenting orders
- Best interests, family violence
- Relocation: process, substantive law
- New duties: courts, parents, lawyers
- Jurisdiction for parenting orders
- Official Languages amendments
- Inter-jurisdictional support
- FOAEA Act changes
- Regulations, consequential changes, etc.
Course Dates and Times:
A limited number of seats will be reserved for Department of Justice employees in each session. You must also register through PeopleSoft using course code: 017757
Please also note that the Department of Justice Canada is offering online courses related to Bill C-78. You can find the Introduction to Federal Family Law Amendments here