Spring has finally sprung! As we spring ahead, we continue to find great examples of how Santa Maria assisted families in 2020.
- Santa Maria helped 40 students in grades K-8 build academic and social emotional skills.
- 119 families increased their household income.
- 185 families maintained stable housing in 2020.
- 113 people received job skills training.
- 149 individuals had employment barriers removed.
- 90 people obtained employment with the help of Santa Maria.
- 91% of our GED students earned a high school equivalency diploma.
These outcomes are a great reason to celebrate this spring! Our impact report for 2020 is coming soon!
We are also bidding farewell to a dear friend and colleague, Blair Schoen, who is retiring after 43 years of service to the Price Hill Community. Blair Schoen has been my colleague and advisor for nearly 37 of her 43+ years at Santa Maria. We owe much of Santa Maria’s success in recent decades to the leadership and guidance she has given to all of our programs. Blair has demonstrated the heart and determination that has helped countless thousands of families both directly and indirectly. Blair’s work has strengthened Santa Maria Community Services and the Price Hill community. Please see the story below!