February 25, 2019 - In This Issue:
GIVE SOMETHING BACK IS NOW BLAISDELL'S BUSINESS PRODUCTS
In December 2018, Give Something Back and Blaisdell's Business Products merged to become the largest independently owned office products dealer on the West Coast.
Look for the new Blaisdell's icon on the BearBuy home page (General Purchases and Supplies) beginning tomorrow (February 26). Blaisdell's will continue to offer the UCSF community an expansive office product selection as well as responsive customer support.
Blaisdell's is a certified woman-owned business and member of the California Green Business Network of Alameda County and maintains a strong commitment to philanthropic causes in this region.
New Documents & Media Intake Form
Starting tomorrow (February 26),
UCSF Documents & Media
(DM) is extending their project intake capabilities with a new online job-intake form, as well as a deeper partnership with BearBuy.
"This is an opportunity for DM to increase service capabilities beyond our standard working hours, meeting the community needs on their timetable, when they need it,"
said Mario Carmona, UCSF DM's Business Operations Manager. "BearBuy already serves the greater UCSF community - and we are now happy to be a part of it."
UCSF Documents & Media capabilities include:
- Design and studio services
- Printing (documents, stationery, business cards, fliers, posters)
- Scanning Projects
- Large-format printing
- Custom binding
- Web design projects
- Photo and video production
- Mailing projects
- UCSF brand materials production
Documents & Media offers streamlined billing with no bid process required. Projects are sales-tax exempt and electronic recharge payments are accepted. Once a job-intake form is submitted, customers will promptly receive a cost estimate for review.
Click on the UCSF Documents & Media icon on the shopping homepage to submit your project information.
New BearBuy Hazard Flags for Non-Catalog Purchases
Hundreds of research chemicals are purchased through BearBuy daily, many of which pose health, security, and environmental risks if improperly handled. The Office of Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) tracks the purchase of these Hazardous Materials to ensure the correct controls are in place to keep our community and environment safe.
To help this process, a series of flags have been added to the Non-Catalog Form used to purchase products that are not available through a punch-out supplier or from a hosted catalog supplier. When using this form, the purchaser is responsible for identifying the hazards associated with all items they purchase and choosing the appropriate flag.
Using these flags will not delay your order.
Safety is everyone's responsibility. Thank you for doing your part to protect our community and environment.
BEARBUY OFFICE HOURS
n-Person BearBuy Support Office Hours
The next three BearBuy Office Hours will be held on:
Come to the next BearBuy Office Hours to get your BearBuy questions answered in person. No appointment is needed.
The event is first come, first served.
Supply Chain Management representatives will be available at these locations to answer BearBuy questions such as:
- Navigating BearBuy
- Shopping using catalogs and forms
- Submitting or approving orders
- Managing purchase order changes
- Searching for BearBuy documents
- Ways to optimize and streamline your BearBuy purchases
- Managing your BearBuy settings and email alerts
We are here to help, so please come visit us with your BearBuy questions.
We can answer many BearBuy questions, but if you have payment-related questions, please contact the SCM Accounts Payable Helpdesk directly at email@example.com.
Punch-Out and Hosted Catalogs
We are excited to announce that a
unch-out catalog will be available in BearBuy tomorrow (February 26).
Fastenal provides the fasteners, tools and supplies needed to build structures, protect personnel, and maintain facilities and equipment.
Fastenal has a reputation for working closely with customers and providing efficient service.
The catalog offers real-time inventory availability paired with the University's contracted discounts.
hosted catalog also will be available in BearBuy tomorrow.
the fasteners, tools, and supplies needed to build structures, protect personnel, and maintain facilities and equipment.
The catalog offers real time inventory availability with the university's contracted discounts.
I have a catering invoice for a past event, but we don't have a purchase order (PO). How can we pay the invoice through BearBuy?
A: There are a few factors to consider:
- If the caterer is available in the America To Go (ATG) punch-out in BearBuy, follow the ATG Post Event Process to create a PO for the order. ATG will invoice your PO and pay the caterer.
- If the vendor is not in ATG, and they required a signed contract for a facility rental (i.e., a conference facility, restaurant, multiple hotel guest rooms), use the After The Fact PO Form to submit the invoice for payment. Use this form even if the invoice includes food, beverages, etc.
- If the vendor is not in ATG, and the invoice is for food/services only (no contract or fees for facility rental), use the Meeting & Entertainment Payment Request Form in BearBuy to submit the invoice for payment. Instructions can be found on the left side of the form in BearBuy.
Moving forward, purchase orders should be placed before an event takes place so that the order can go through the proper approval process.