In an effort to keep our community up-to-date and informed of actions taken by the WUSD Board of Trustees, we will be sharing Board Briefs on a regular basis. Board Briefs are a short summary of key actions taken on WUSD Board of Education agenda items. We hope you find this information helpful!
District-Wide Facilities Master Plan
- The Washington Unified School District Board of Trustees are fully committed to developing a comprehensive district-wide Facilities Master Plan to address key short-term and long-term goals. The Facilities Master Plan provides the district with information regarding current and future needs for student housing, quality of the existing facilities, and facilities renovation and expansion requirements to support the district’s educational and programmatic goals. A Master Plan also assists a district in identifying funding needs for capital improvement and developing financing options. At the March 14, 2019 regularly scheduled meeting, the Board of Trustees approved the contract of services with
to begin developing the District’s Facilities Master Plan.
- For the past few months, the WUSD Board of Trustees and Administration have been reviewing charter petitions up for renewal from
Charter Schools. While these two schools are not schools of Washington Unified School District, they are both located in our attendance boundaries. Originally approved in 2014, the charter schools operate as separate entities and the Washington Unified School District oversees the implementation of the charter petition. Changes to both petitions were made to include more representation from families in West Sacramento on the charter boards, following the Brown Act for greater public access to information, and Special Education services just to name a few. Both charter petitions were authorized for renewal from July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2024.
- The Board of Trustees approved the request made by Board President, Jackie Wong, for the WUSD Board of Trustees to enter into a 2x2 Meeting in partnership with the Yolo County Supervisors. The County 2x2 Meeting would function similar to the City's 2x2 Meeting with the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees approved quarterly updates to Board Policy and Administrative Regulation Series 5000 Students and 6000 Instruction.
- The Board of Trustees discussed and reviewed various drafts for the WUSD Equity Statement as is required by the California School Boards Association (CSBA) Equity Network. Both President Wong and Trustee Kirby-Gonzalez serve on the CSBA Equity Network, representing Washington Unified.
For more information on other discussions and actions of the Board of Trustees, please visit our website to connect to our
Board Agenda Online web page