The following agreements were renewed:
- Center for Educational Development and Research, San Joaquin County of Education: Ed-Join online job posting and applicant tracking - $578.25 for 2018/19
- Nigro & Nigro, PC: Financial and performance audit of a grant agreement with the Children and Families Commission of Orange County - $1,800 for 2017/18, $1,900 for 2018/19, and $2,000 for 2019/20
- Certified Transportation Services: Bus transportation for outdoor science camp and educational field trips during the 2018/19 school year - Cost paid by PTAs, school discretionary funds, and parent donations
- Barry D. Blade: Administrative consultant services pertaining to asset management - Not-to-exceed cost $50,000 for 2018/19
Affiliation Agreements for Student Teachers/Interns
Affiliation agreements with the following institutions of higher education were approved to provide fieldwork experience for their students:
- Oakwood University - Dietetic internship
- Wellness Workdays Dietetic Internship, Inc. - Dietetic internship
- Chapman University - Supervised fieldwork and student teaching
Multi-Tiered System of Support Grant
California's Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) is a comprehensive framework that aligns academic, behavioral, and social-emotional learning in a fully integrated system of support for the benefit of all students. The Board approved an agreement with the Orange County Department of Education outlining the requirements for a $25,000 grant awarded to the district.
Professional Development for Student Activity Supervisors
The Board approved an agreement with Playworks Education Energized for a full day of training for student activity supervisors at a cost of $3,000. Playworks offers training in effective game facilitation to improve the health and well-being of children through safe, meaningful play.
District Partnership with Concordia University
A Memorandum of Understanding was approved with Concordia University to offer grants and scholarships to district employees who enroll in their Master of Education, Master of Business Administration, or Doctorate of Education degree programs.
Campus HVAC Projects
The Board approved contracting with M.P. South, Inc., for HVAC maintenance work at the Arnold, Damron, King, Landell, and Swain school sites during the 2018/19 school year. The total cost for this work is $104,911, based on a previously awarded unit price bid master agreement.
Paving Projects Completed
In June 2018, the Board approved paving projects at King, Landell, Luther, and Morris by M.P. South. These projects were completed at a total cost of $175,369.95, and the Board authorized filing a notice of completion with the County of Orange.
Disposal of District-Owned Personal Property
The Board authorized the disposal of SMART Board interactive displays, adjustable mounts, projectors, and projector arms that have been identified as unusable, obsolete, or no longer needed. The items will be sold to an electronics recycling company.
Board Compensation for Missed Meeting
Per Board Bylaw 9250, the Board must take action to authorize full compensation for any Board Member who was absent from a meeting. Trustee Candi Kern was unable to attend the July 12, 2018, Board Meeting due to hardship. The Board adopted Resolution 189-03 authorizing full compensation for Trustee Kern for the month of July 2018.