BATON ROUGE, La. – Out of an abundance of caution concerning COVID-19, commonly known as coronavirus, effective immediately, all Parole, Pardon, Revocation and Administrative hearings are suspended for the next 30 days.
- All Parole hearings that have been docketed will be reviewed and will be rescheduled or removed, depending on proximity of Good Time Parole Status release dates and or Full Term dates.
- All Pardon hearings will be rescheduled at a later date.
- All Revocation hearings will be reviewed and rescheduled at a later date.
- All Administrative hearings will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The Committee on Parole will still issue release certificates for offenders who have been granted.
Due to the uncertainty of when this threat will subside the Board of Pardons/Committee on Parole will review this decision every 30 days until the threat subsides. When scheduling resumes the Board of Pardons and Committee on Parole will make every effort to expedite the rescheduling of hearings affected by this suspension. The Board of Pardons/Committee on Parole can be reached with any questions via email at:
Stay informed on decisions affecting the state's prisons by visiting the Department's website at
# # # # # # #