Staying in my studio… where I can think, write, doodle, draw, paint, create. My studio is my happy place, my sanctuary. Even when I am not feeling very creative, I have found that it is important to just show up. I like to say, "Decide what you want, then make it happen."
To create something…isn't that what we want? This PepTalk is all about creating habits. And these habits involve creativity!
Habits of Creative Painters
All creative painters, producing new works, have these six habits in common. First, you have to want to paint more creative works. It’s a choice.
1. Confidence comes from determination. You really want this.
2. Humility comes from knowing you don’t know it all.
3. Mindfulness. Being ready for all information.
4. Curious. Exploring, experimenting and expecting lots of unsuccessful paintings.
5. Energy. This is not the time to be lazy, but instead to goof around with all your ideas.
6. Action. Now do it!
And… Original, creative works of art aren’t guided by a conservative committee of old-school opinions… or jurors.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Art will heal the Planet!
to view Bob's PepTalk!