It is no secret that peas are by far my FAVORITE food. I might even be addicted to them... Besides being out of this world delicious, peas are loaded with protein, b-vitamins, manganese, and iron. They are easy on the digestive tract and provide a ton of energy.
I made this pea concoction the other night for dinner and had to share it with you all. Please try it out and let me know what you think. One spoon of this is literally like having a garden in your mouth ;)
1 bag frozen peas - defrosted
1 bunch cilantro, thoroughly rinsed
1 bunch parsley, thoroughly rinsed
1 cup sunflower or pea sprouts (however any kind of sprout will do)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2-1 tsp pink Himalayan salt (add to your preference)
1/2-1 tsp ground black pepper (add to your preference)
1/2 tsp spicy paprika or cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Soak your herbs in vinegar and salt water for 10-30 minutes. This will help separate the bugs from the produce and get rid of any E.coli lingering on your greens.
2. Drain and rinse your herbs.
3. Toss everything into a blender or a food processor; in whatever order you like.
4. Blend. Add a few tablespoons of water if you need help blending your mixture.
5. Once smooth, serve with a salad or eat just as is. Enjoy!