Boise School Board Votes to
Move Students to All Virtual Learning
Boise, ID -- 11/12/2020 -- The Boise School Board today voted unanimously to move all students to virtual learning beginning Monday, November 30 through January 15, 2021. Holiday schedules will remain the same.
- Shortage of substitutes
- Number of students and staff who are quarantined
- Inconsistent learning due to large number of students and staff who are quarantined
- Capacity of teaching staff to sustain in-person teaching, virtual teaching and providing instructional support for students not attending
- Capacity of Health Services staff
- Inability to fill vacant classified positions
- Impact on special programs
- Shortage of bus drivers
The Board decision was reached following ongoing consultation with public health and medical professionals, as well as a detailed analysis of the effects the spike in community spread of coronavirus is having on both students and staff.
All district-sponsored athletics and activities will be suspended immediately for the time being. Teachers and schools will work with individual families to be prepared for this transition from in-person to virtual learning.