Boise School District Adds Suppers and
Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Snacks at Select Feeding Sites
Boise, ID -- 04/19/2020 -- Boise School District will add suppers at most school feeding sites beginning on Monday, April 27, 2020 and a fresh fruit or vegetable snack beginning Tuesday, April 21st for children who need nutritious meals while schools are closed.
Food & Nutrition Services staff will provide Grab & Go meal services from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m, Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- Garfield Elementary (1914 S Broadway Ave) - Breakfast, Lunch & Supper
- Grace Jordan Elementary (6411 W Fairfield Ave) - Breakfast, Lunch & Supper
- Hawthorne Elementary (2401 W Targee St) - Breakfast, Lunch & Supper
- Hillcrest Elementary (2045 S Pond St, Boise, ID 83705) - Breakfast & Lunch
- Horizon Meal Service Bus Route - Breakfast & Lunch
- Jefferson & Garfield Meal Service Bus Route - Breakfast & Lunch (Supper at Jefferson Elementary School Stop)
- Koelsch Elementary (2015 N Curtis Rd.) - Breakfast & Lunch
- Morley Nelson Elementary (7701 W Northview St) - Breakfast, Lunch & Supper
- Taft Elementary (3722 N Anderson St) - Breakfast, Lunch & Supper
- Taft & Koelsch Meal Service Bus Route - Breakfast & Lunch
- Whitney Elementary (1609 S Owyhee St) - Breakfast, Lunch & Supper
- Whittier Elementary (301 N 29th St) - Breakfast, Lunch & Supper
Beginning the week of April 20th, a fresh fruit or vegetable snack (as part of our Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Grant) will also be available at all school site locations listed above (including the bus stops at Horizon and Jefferson Elementary schools). Snacks are only available for children who are present and will be available 3-5 times a week.
In an attempt to maintain at least 6 feet of distance when handing out meals we will ask families how many meals they need, put the packages on a table then step away while a family member picks up the meal.
Any child ages 1-18 (including toddlers) can receive one breakfast, one lunch and one supper per day to eat at home, in addition to the fresh fruit and vegetable snack. No identification or proof of school enrollment is required. Meals are not to be eaten on site.
There will be no public access inside the schools. Schools and bus stops are not places to socialize or congregate at this time.
Meals will be served on a first come first served basis. Locations and times may change.
If your child requires special meal accommodations, please contact our office at 208-854-4067 to make arrangements.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.