Christy Smith - Supervisor, Boise School District Food & Nutrition Services
Christy Smith is an accomplished school food service professional with more than 17 years of school food service supervisory and management service, 11 of those years with Boise School District’s Food & Nutrition Services.
Ms. Smith brings to the position a broad range of skills:
- Passion for maintaining an efficient and fiscally sound operation
- Demonstrated organizational, time-management, project management, and communication skills
- Extensive experience with staff recruiting, hiring, coaching, training & supervision
- Solid understanding of USDA regulations as they relate to the multiple school food service programs offered at Boise Schools
- Experience with writing bid specifications and managing contracts
- Outgoing, detail-oriented and dedicated to providing excellent customer service
Ms. Smith earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration (Finance) from California State University, Fullerton, CA; a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics (High Honors), from Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID. She is a Registered Dietitian licensed with the Idaho State Board of Medicine.
In addition, Ms. Smith has received a number of certifications and is affiliated with a number of food and wellness associations: Boise School District Wellness Committee member; Certified ServSafe Instructor & Registered ServSafe Proctor; SNS (School Nutrition Specialist) Certification, School Nutrition Association; Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the School Nutrition Association.