Boise School District Continues to Expand
Free Grab-And-Go Meal Services
Boise, ID -- 04/03/2020 -- Boise School District continues to expand free grab-and-go meal services for children who need nutritious meals while schools are closed.
Beginning Monday, April 6, 2020, free sack meals will be available for drive-up meal service from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- Garfield Elementary (1914 S Broadway Ave) - in front of school
- Grace Jordan Elementary (6411 W Fairfield Ave) - in front of school
- NEW - Hawthorne Elementary (2401 W Targee St) - at the bus loop entrance off Targee Street
- NEW - Hillcrest Elementary (2045 S Pond St) - in front of school
- NEW - Koelsch Elementary (2015 N Curtis Rd.) - in front of school (NO BUS ROUTE starting 4/6/20)
- Morley Nelson Elementary (7701 W Northview St) - at the student drop off loop by Community Center
- Taft Elementary (3722 N Anderson St) - in front of school
- Whitney Elementary (1609 S Owyhee St) - at the bus loop drop off near the Community Center entrance
- Whittier Elementary (301 N 29th St) - at the bus loop entrance
In an attempt to maintain at least six feet of distance when handing out meals, we will ask families how many meals they need, put the packages on a table, then step away while a family member picks up
School buses will deliver meals to the following school areas between approximately 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Click on the school links below to see the updated bus routes and the estimated serve times at each stop:
Any child, ages 1-18 (including toddlers), can receive one breakfast and one lunch per day to eat at home. No identification or proof of school enrollment is required.
Meals are not to be eaten on site. There will be no public access inside the schools. Schools and bus stops are not places to socialize or congregate at this time.
Meals will be served on a first-come first-served basis.
Locations and times may change.
If your child requires special meal accommodations, please contact the Boise School District Food & Nutrition Services office at 208-854-4067 to make arrangements.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.